I am so close to catching up to real time in my pictures I can taste it!
Ry has this incredible extended family that have invited us to Lake Powell the last 2 years on their awesome houseboat. We went the last week in June, and my wonderful mother and stepfather were kind enough to watch Will for us so we could have a baby-free week of wakeboarding, boating, and just soaking up the sun!
It was Kathy's birthday while we were there, so we decorated the houseboat and threw her a little party, complete with fireworks and all (Thanks to Glen!)
One of the last days we all hopped on jet skis and rode as a group up through this little canyon. The group picture here shows everyone who went on that jet ski ride together.
For the 4th of July Ry and I took Will and hiked up to Timp Cave. It was so fun having him home from work on a Friday to do stuff with us! The hike up was gorgeous, even though we were truckin' up there as fast as we could cause I thought our tour time on the tickets said 11:40, but it really said 12:40 so we had to wait an hour before going in when we got there! We booked it up there in like 30 minutes, which is super fast, especially when Ry had a toddler on his back! I think it takes most people around an hour...haha...joke's on us!
I had no idea how cool Timp Cave is! I especially liked the chocolate/caramel falls in the bottom right corner, as well as the heart-shaped stalagmite in the picture next to it. The heart was the largest stalagmite in the cave. I can't remember if she said it weighed 100's or 1000's of pounds, but it was HUGE!




2 comments:
I am so sad Jon and I couldn't come with you guys to Lake Powell. It looks like you had a blast! Did they have more jet skis down there this year?
I haven't ever hiked Mt Timp. It looks like something I would love! Maybe we should see if we can get the fam together to hike it one of these days...
That trip looks like a lot of fun! You are always doing such fun things. I love all the pictures and you look super skinny!! :-)
Post a Comment