I can't believe I am blogging about Easter on June 1st. I guess my excuse for everything these days is the QUEEN sized quilt I am sewing for my family reunion to be raffled off! This past week I have been a ghost to my poor little Will as I have spent literally probably 8 hrs/day on it cause my goal was to have it done by June 1st. It is comprised of 80 eight inch blocks! I have about 68 done, so I am glad to say I could finish it all by tonight if I spend a few hours after Will goes to bed. I will have to post pictures later. On to Easter...
Since Easter was on conference weekend this year we took the opportunity to go spend the night at Ryan's mom's house Sat night and watch conference with them and spend all of Easter day with her and his sisters. Addy came over with Jon and Jen Sat night since they were going to be with Jen's family Easter day, so Addy and Will had some fun playing with blocks while the boys went to the priesthood session. Will also colored some eggs, with the help of grandma, Angie and Jess of course!
Sat between sessions our ward had an egg hunt on the church lawn with something like 1000 eggs! Since we have about 200 children in our ward it was a pretty eventful spectacle. They are all very young children, so there wasn't much "hiding" of the eggs. As we walked up we saw hundreds of eggs spewn all over the grass with almost as many parents trying to hold children back from grabbing them before they said we could go. It was quite humorous actually. Just seeing the temptation on their little faces as they stared at the eggs just outside of their reach with only one or two silly parents standing between them and that precious egg was priceless! Will made a balloon bunny at story time earlier in the week, and the top left pic is just a depiction of what we experience in our house daily. He got the sequential thinking from me, and the OCD from his dad!
Sunday while at Ry's mom's in between sessions we went on a walk. We found a fun swing at the neighbor's along the way, and Will had a fabulous time dragging poor old Toby down the path. Since Toby is getting so old and worn out, it is quite the opposite experience of when we walk Rusty, er, when Rusty walks us!
I also brought my sewing machine and finished a bunch of the quilt blocks for the quilt I mentioned earlier while listening to conference, and I have decided I really get so much more out of it when I keep my hands busy with something I don't have to think about so I can listen to the speakers. It's quite helpful really, as I was one of the few who didn't fall asleep!
We colored eggs with Will for the first time ever Friday night of Easter weekend (yes, I realize I am going backwards in time). It was SO fun. He seriously dropped them all in on his own so carefully without cracking them (for the most part) and loved it. We let him crack one, peel it, and eat it, and to this day every time I take the egg carton out of the fridge he says, "Want easter egg!" I have to tell him that these aren't Easter eggs, they are just normal eggs. One time he even tried to crack a raw egg and was so shocked at what came out. So every now and again I have to hard boil some eggs so Will can peel and eat an "Easter egg".
Finally, the weekend after Easter we celebrated with my family. The Easter picnic is a big tradition with my mom cause her mom always did a huge picnic/egg hunt when she was alive. Part of the tradition is that everyone hides baskets for each other, including ALL the adults. My brothers and Ryan have had this battle to see who can hide each other's in the hardest to get to spots ever since the first year when Ry climbed on top of the church and put my bro's basket on top of the base for the steeple! The last few years that has kind of died out, so I have taken it upon myself to at least try to hide Ryan's in a semi-difficult-to-find spot. You can see him climbing through shrubbery and boxes to find his, and I was quite proud of that since that's not where I hid it :)
Will got to be the first in line to go out the door since he was the youngest. He was so adorable. Every time he would find one he would hold it up in the air and wave it around for the whole world to see. So proud of his accomplishments. The whole time I kept telling him to look at the camera and say "cheese", so by the end he had just about had it. You can view this sentiment in one of the bottom pics of him and Ryan right after he found his basket. That was the last time I asked him to say cheese for the day for obvious reasons. In true male fashion, he had had enough of the pictures. What's a mom to do?





0 comments:
Post a Comment