Sunday, January 29, 2012

Dog Days of Summer

I know, I know... I am blogging about summer in the end of Jan, but I have this thing where I'm not very good at skipping around and everything has to flow chronologically, so bear with me.


Monkey boy showing me his acrobatics. One day he was being creative and wanted to show me what he could do (don't worry, this event was highly supervised, leashes and all). He concocted this little trick all on his own, no help from me whatsoever. I know this isn't the best use for the door handle but how could you not grab a quick snapshot of that face??

I signed him up for gymnastics about a year ago, as I know many athletic men started there at a young age cause it helps develop coordination for other sports. Also, I didn't know the community center offered anything else for his age, and he hated it! He was the only boy in his class and would jealously eye the boys coming out of baseball every time we got out of gym. Making matters worse, the ball players got candy after every class and a balloon on the last day and the gym kids got zip zilch nada! It was painful to watch and the class couldn't end soon enough for both me and him so that I could get him into ball! We laugh about it now, but at the time Ryan teased me so much for putting his son in gymnastics with the girls :) He now plays itty bitty ball every other month when they hold it and loves it and begs me to sign him up for the next class every time. But secretly every time monkey boy appears with a new trick I know deep in my heart that I did him a favor in those few painful classes ;)


Visiting the temple grounds- we went and visited a few different temples this summer with friends and would have a little story about the temple, take pics, then go visit a park and have a picnic and let the kids play.


Ok so dress up has become HUGE around our house these days. Superheros are second only to pirates, thanks to Grandpa Mark.


More crazy dress up...can we say Elton John? Yikes!


Apparently Jessie the cowgirl is also an avid tennis player


4 costumes in one...now that's creativity


With friends at the park after visiting one of the temples

0 comments: