Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Mommy, When You're 3 Like Me

Lately Will has been asking me to do things like climb under a 6 inch tall bridge he made out of blankets across the couch and coffee table. When I tell him I am too big for that he says, "Mommy, when you're 3 like me then you can do it?" How do I break it to the little guy that I am never going to be 3 years old again, EVER?! As I turn 29 tomorrow, how do I break it to myself??!

Will turned 3 in January and we had lots of fun with the family celebrating with cake and ice cream at our house.

Top Left: At first I was taken aback to see the Christmas tree mixed up in Will's birthday pictures but quickly realized those are actually his birthday presents under the tree. Silly me. I never let us take the tree down by mid-January!

Top Right: Jess & Angie helped finish decorating when they got here and apparently Will got in the way

Bottom: The candle blowing progression of events. Check out the dimples as he winds up...then the goofy face as he blows 'em out (not just on will but on me!)...then enjoying the fruits of his efforts.


Many fun gifts from Jess, mom and dad, Jon & Jen, & Ang. Notice in the bottom middle that is a pack of gum he is so enthralled with. He is obsessed with the stuff and had just opened a huge bag with a spiderman scooter in it that I just threw a pack of gum in cause I knew he would like it, and he ditched the scooter so fast. He was with me when we got the gum and I told him it was for his birthday and the kid pestered me all week about it! Should have known. Could have saved a lot of $$$ on that darn scooter :)


Top Left: At least Addy loved the scooter. She did not want to let it go when she had to go!

Top Middle: Will kept getting creatively gift-wrapped by random family members.

Top Right: Oooooh, bubbles!

Bottom Left: My mom & John gave will a pop gun that to this day is one of his very favorite toys.

Bottom Middle: Richard and Nikki's family gave Will the coolest Toy Story card that played "You've Got a Friend in Me" when you opened it and Will had to keep testing it out over, and over, and over...

Bottom Right: Then they gave him for his actual gift a Buzz dish set that he was so excited about but couldn't get it out of the package so he was a little annoyed instead of happy to smile for a picture.


After everyone left Will finally got to play with all his loot and was the happiest camper! Except that I kept trying to take pictures and he was annoyed with me so he started shooting me with Buzz's laser, which then made him happy enough to smile.

Although it was super fun to have the family all come, I really enjoy these moments when it's just Will, Ryan and me and we are just laying around laughing. It was a fun few minutes for us after all the commotion.


I love this picture cause it captures his attitude and excitement all night, i.e. being a little stinker and not wanting to be in a picture but super excited about his loot! Notice the fact that he is shooting the camera is not coincidental.
Happy Birthday my big little 3 year old!
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Jon & Jen said...

It was a fun party, except for the fact that Addy screamed for the last half of it because she didn't want to share the scooter, little stinker :)

Happy Birthday to you also! I have to be the first one to wish you a happy birthday considering I am a few hours early!