Friday, September 17, 2010

He Doesn't Get It From Me

Backstory: Will has been throwing his toys down our window wells and I keep telling him not to, so the last time I saw toys down there I told him that they were gone forever cause I wasn't going to go get them when I keep telling him not to throw them down there. He kept saying, "Mommy go get them!" But I stood my ground to teach a lesson. Joke's on me! I just gave him more motivation. I underestimated the power of Will on a mission to get his toys. This was a few days ago and I had forgotten about it, and I just went outside to check on him in the backyard and I hear rumblings coming from the window well and Will is nowhere to be seen, so I walk over and find this...


Now remember there was no crying, which eased my immediate instincts to be totally freaked out that he had fallen down there and broken a leg or something. When I asked in a concerned voice if he had fallen or climbed down, he informed me that he went down to get his toy. You can see by the picture how deep our window wells are. They are easily twice his height. I am sure he held onto the side and lowered himself down cause I have seen him do things like that before on the playground, etc. Needless to say, our lives are full of adventure and he is incredibly pain tolerant. He is barefoot and the rocks he landed on from at least a 3-foot drop aren't exactly smooth and soft. He has always handled pain really well. He rarely cries when he gets hurt unless it's really bad or he is purposefully trying to milk it, which is a pretty obvious fake cry and very funny.

I cannot believe the ways he finds to get around rules I make for him. The kid is stinkin' stubborn!

7 comments:

Jon & Jen said...

He never to ceases to amaze me. Serioulsy Dawn, he's the next Einstein or something. He is so determined and just naturally smart. I am loving watching this little guy grow. He's such a cutie! Kind of scary though, I'm so glad he didn't get hurt. So much for the protective covers - Apparently they're not Will proof.

Spackman's said...

LOL Boys will be boys :) he is such a cute kid

Janelle Ehat said...

He is so cute! He's got to be super brave though to do that! That's impressive!! Glad you got a picture and documented it!

kristin said...

i can't believe he did that! so much for the window well covers!!

Kevin + Marcy said...

Lol. Ditto to Kristin's comment. We've been wanting to get covers for our windwow well and I'm having second thoughts after seeing this post. Lol. That is impressive. At least he has drive, right? :)

Anonymous said...

Scary!! He is one brave little boy. I'm always lurking checking out your blog. Hope you don't mind!

"M" Clan said...

OH MY GOODNESS< he is so brave & tough! Scary for mommy to find, but adorable and made me laugh at the same time! :)