Monday, March 15, 2010

Mitra's Shower

The last of The Posse is getting married. What a day. We threw her a shower in Vegas since most of the girls are still there. I was able to go without Will and stay with Liz, which is always a treat for me since she's one of my very besties. The theme was a dress up tea party. It was fabulously done, thanks to Jacquelynn, but mostly it was just great to be with the girls once again. I never realize how much I miss these girls until we are together, laughing til we cry. Mitra is moving to China after the wedding since Matt is working at Peking University right now, so we relish the chance to get to spend some quality girl time together before she's gone!

Guest of honor. I love this girl!

The top pics were taken by Jack's sister, who is a pro photographer. Too bad all the girls weren't there yet when we got to have those taken! The full posse is pictured in the bottom right.



Mitra planned going through the temple for the first time in the Vegas Temple the day before the shower so all of us out-of-towners could be there. It was one of the more spiritual experiences I can remember, with 5 of my very best friends in the whole world standing in the celestial room together, arms wrapped around each other. Those are the moments I live for. I will also never forget running into her for the first time in the dressing room right before we were headed into the chapel. Her eyes teared up and she gave me the biggest hug. It was that moment that I was so very proud of her. It reminded me of when I went to the temple for the first time and how proud I was of myself. I am so lucky to have such great friends from my childhood that teach me so much and that I truly call my sisters. I love you Mitra, and I am so proud of all that you have overcome!!

2 comments:

kristin said...

that is so awesome. I have 6 best friends since the fourth grade, and it is always like we never left when we get together!! Best friends are the best, and to be at the temple together is even better!! Awesome!!

Jessi McCall said...

Hey chic, I just wanted to swing by and let you know that you all looked BEAUTIFUL at the shower AND wedding for Mitra! I told Liz she has a super pretty group of friends!(her included, of course)
I hope we get to hang while we're up in SL for the race. I'm registering Thursday as long as it doesn't sell out before then. See ya there. Good luck on your half. I'm sure you'll do great!! Each one is more enjoyable than the last. ;)