Can I tell you how much I love an awesome "Farm Country" petting zoo, a Noah's ark swimming pool and discovery gardens in the summertime, and an absolute dinosaur wonderland?! I used to laugh at my neighbors that would exclaim with gusto how much they luh-huved Thanksgiving Point and thinking I would never be that kind of parent who got kicks out of taking my kids to do fun things like that. Not because I didn't think it was a great thing to do, but because I'm just sort of generally lame about finding ways to have a good time with children. I always swore before I had Will that I was going to be the worst mother because I only really enjoyed adult "stuff" and never really saw the novelty in children's activities. Boy, was I wrong on that one! Not only about the being a crappy mom part :) but I love doing kid stuff now! And Thanksgiving Point is just one of the many fun places we go that fills up my time these days.
So if any of you have a pass like we do (I totally splurged last year and bought one when I discovered how great the place is) and ever want to go with me and Will, give me a call! And if you don't have a pass, you should seriously consider it. Laugh all you want. I used to. Now I'm a believer.

I was going to add a cheesy caption like,"Watch Out!" or "Dinnertime!", but I am way too cool for that.

Can't hold still long enough for a pic on the posed dino. Big shocker.

We were here at the dino museum with our good friends, Rob & Stacie, and their 2 boys. Can't decide if Rob & Ryan had more fun playing in the sand...

...or if Will & a blurry Austin did.
We LUH-HUV Thanksgiving Point!
3 comments:
Okay, seriously!? What in Utah isn't 5 minutes from your house?? You have no idea how great you have it. Costco, Target, Tai Pan.... all at your finger tips! We are so going to this place when I come with my kids again. It looks like so much fun!
I thought the same thing about myself before having Marshall: I always felt bad in advance for my kids because I figured I was going to be so boring as a mom because I didn't seem to have quite the enthusiasm other mothers had for creating such fun moments for their kids. It's so different now that he's here. It's like we just live to create new and fun and exciting experiences for him. He brings the fun in to anything it is we're doing. You're such a great mother, Dawn, and I'm glad you find so much joy in Will. He sure is a doll. So yeah, I just bought the pass last week, so we'll have to go together this summer when Marshall Man can have some fun with other kids. I'm already planning on walking over there like every day! :) (By the way, I'm the author that deleted the above comment. Hahaha. Sorry about that.)
Post a Comment